Viniflora Oenos is a freeze-dried, direct inoculation starter culture of Oenococcus oeni. It has an excellent all around tolerance towards pH, alcohol, temperature and SO2.
As the world leader in bacterial cultures for food industries, Chr. Hansen has committed Research & Development and advanced production resources to providing the best malolactic bacterial cultures to the wine industry. Chr. Hansen preparations are not only tested for viability, but each batch is also tested for the cell’s ability to covert malic acid to lactic acid. Chr. Hansen is the only company that utilizes the MACC test (‘Malic Acid Conversion Capacity Test’) as a quality control parameter for each batch produced.
Pouch Sizes to Treat: 66 gal, 660 gal and 6,600 gal
- Recommended for white and red wines
- Direct inoculation, freeze-dried bacteria – does not require rehydration
- High numbers of active cells which ensure a quick start of fermentation
- This strain is pH tolerant to 3.2, Total SO2 to 40 ppm (white wine) and 70 ppm (red wine), temperature 62 – 77º F and alcohol to 14% (v/v)
- Low level of volatile acidity
- Cinnamoyl Esterase Positive
Downloads:Chr Hansen Viniflora Oenos Product Information 66 gal
Chr Hansen Viniflora Oenos Product Information 660 gal
Chr Hansen Viniflora Oenos Product Information 6,600 gal
Chr Hansen Viniflora Oenos SDS 66 gal
Chr Hansen Viniflora Oenos SDS 660 gal
Chr Hansen Viniflora Oenos SDS 6,600 gal