Viniflora CH16 is a freeze-dried, direct inoculation starter culture of Oenococcus oeni. CH16 is especially appropriate for conducting fast malolactic fermentation in high alcohol red wines (up to 16% v/v) with a pH above 3.4.
As the world leader in bacterial cultures for food industries, Chr. Hansen has committed Research & Development and advanced production resources to providing the best malolactic bacterial cultures to the wine industry. Chr. Hansen preparations are not only tested for viability, but each batch is also tested for the cell’s ability to covert malic acid to lactic acid. Chr. Hansen is the only company that utilizes the MACC test (‘Malic Acid Conversion Capacity Test’) as a quality control parameter for each batch produced.
Pouch Sizes to Treat: 66 gal, 660 gal and 6,600 gal
- Recommended for red wines
- Direct inoculation, freeze-dried bacteria – does not require rehydration
- High numbers of active cells which ensure a quick start of fermentation
- This strain is pH tolerant to 3.4, Total SO2 to 40 ppm (red wines), temperature 62 – 77° F and alcohol to 16% (v/v)
- Low level of volatile acidity
- Cinnamoyl Esterase Negative
Downloads:Chr Hansen Viniflora CH16 Product Information 66 gal
Chr Hansen Viniflora CH16 Product Information 660 gal
Chr Hansen Viniflora CH16 Product Information 6,600 gal
Chr Hansen Viniflora CH16 SDS 66 gal
Chr Hansen Viniflora CH16 SDS 660 gal
Chr Hansen Viniflora CH16 SDS 6,600 gal