Divergan F (PVPP)
Divergan F ® (PVPP) is used throughout the world for fining must and wine. BASF’s unique polymerization process produces the purist polyvinylpolypyrrolidone, which is completely insoluble in must and wine. Divergan F is selective in binding phenolic species such as catechins and leucoanthocyanidins with minimal effect on flavor and aroma. It is frequently used to stabilize the delicate color in White Zinfandel and to help prevent “pinking” in certain white wines, thus ensuring a proper shelf life.
• Correct and stabilize color in wine, particularly white and blush wines
• Help prevent “browning” and “pinking”
• Freshen slightly oxidized wines
• Reduce astringency and bitterness in red and white wines
• Unmask fruity character
• Improve mouthfeel and finish of wine
• Treat press juice prior to fermentation to reduce astringency and bitterness
Pack Size: 20kg
Application: 5% w/w/slurry in water. Allow the slurry to swell for 1-2 hours.
Typical Dose Rates: 0.5 – 4 lbs / 1,000 gal
Other Products You May Be Interested In:
Downloads:Divergan F Product Data Sheet
Divergan F SDS