MilliporeSigma Filter Cartridges
For over 50 years, MilliporeSigma has supplied wineries around the world with microbial management solutions to monitor and remove microorganisms and other contaminants from wine. Trusted as the “gold standard” by generations of winemakers, MilliporeSigma products for clarification, pre-sterile, and sterile filtration will ensure microbial stability while maintaining quality, clarity, flavor, and aroma.
The Vitipore II & Vitipore II Plus PVDF final membrane offers:
- Lowest protein and color binding
- Highest membrane area and number of pleats per device
- Most throughput
- Only major symmetric wine membrane
- Higher membrane robustness and stress tolerance
- Most reliable integrity testing
- Available in 0.22 µm, 0.45 µm, 0.65 µm and 1.0 µm (absolute) pore size.
- View Most Popular Grades & Configurations Chart (includes part numbers)
Additional MilliporeSigma cartridges available:
- Bevigard™ M Prefilter
- MilliporeSigma’s dual-layer 1.2 µm over 0.5 µm Bevigard M prefilter offers the best protection of sterile membrane filters. The outer 1.2 µm layer removes large particulates, colloidal materials and conglomerates while the 0.5 µm layer offers the closest prefiltration rating to a 0.45 µm membrane to ensure optimal bottle filtration service life.
- Polygard® CR & Polygard® CE Clarification Filters
- Polygard CR clarification filters are an ideal bottling filter when sterile filtration is not required. The high dirt loading capacity of the Polygard CR makes it a reliable trap filter for stable wines that require a minimal filtration prior to bottling. The Polygard CR is available in many other options and sizes, with pore size ratings from 0.1µm to 100µm.
- Aervent® Gas and Vent Filters
- Sterile filtration of gases can be crucial to maintaining microbial stability on a bottling line. The Aervent features a highly hydrophobic (water repelling) PTFE 0.2 µm membrane that allows for high gas flow rates, prevents wetting, and maintains a sterile barrier.
Gusmer Technical Wine Seminar Video: Bottling Filtration
Other Products You May Be Interested In:
Downloads:EMD Millipore Vitipore II and Vitipore II Plus Product Data Sheet
EMD Millipore Bevigard-M Product Data Sheet
EMD Millipore Polygard CR Product Data Sheet
EMD Millipore Polygard CE Product Data Sheet
EMD Millipore Aervent Product Data Sheet
Application Notes: MP 01 - Cartridge Cleaning Sanitazation & Storage
Application Notes: MP 02 - Calculating Pressure Drop Specifications
Application Notes: MP 03 - Integrity Testing of Membrane Filters
Application Notes: MP 04 - Difference Between PVDF and PES Membranes
Application Notes: MP 05 - Total Costs of Filtration
Application Notes: MP 06 - Microbial Monitoring Best Practices
Application Notes: MP 07 - Cartridge Filtration for Mobile Bottling
Application Notes: MP 08 - Maintaining and measuring wine filterability
Application Notes: MP 09 - Reverse Bubble Point Instructions
Application Notes: MP 10 - Water Quality at Final Filtration
Application Notes: MP 11 - Final Retention - Understanding Nominal and Absolute Ratings