Chr. Hansen was the first company to investigate the promising field ‘non-Saccharomyces and S. cerevisiae’ mixed culture blends in winemaking. Chr. Hansen’s range of specialty yeasts brings a distinctive touch to wines, helping winemakers to differentiate their wine and add complexity.
For added convenience, Chr. Hansen offers their non-Saccharomyces yeast strains in a mixed cultures format. Viniflora® Harmony is a blend of three yeast stains, Saccharomyces cerevisiae (80%), Torulaspora delbrueckii (10%) and Lachancea thermotolerans (10%). Harmony is an excellent choice for white or red wines that demand subtle but multi-dimensional differences.
- Recommended for dry white, red, rose and sweet wines
- Enhanced flavor benefits best suited for varietals Riesling, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Merlot and Zinfandel
- Produces wines characterized by a round and rich flavor, with notes of black fruit
- Alcohol tolerance is up to 17% (v/v)
- Produce low levels of SO2
Pack Size: 500 g
Other Products You May Be Interested In:
Chr Hansen Viniflora Harmony SDS
Chr Hansen Viniflora Harmony Product Data Sheet