Renaissance Yeast’s strains have excellent fermentation kinetics, desirable sensory characteristics, and are produced to the highest quality standards. Renaissance Yeast is the exclusive developer of a novel, patented H2S-preventing technology that is the result of a natural trait in yeast that increases sulfur and nitrogen utilization efficiency during fermentation, thereby preventing hydrogen sulfide formation.
Ossia (Saccharomyces cerevisiae hybrid), Renaissance Yeast’s latest H2S-preventing strain, provides a high-quality advance for organic winemakers. Making an all-natural organic wine can sometimes present its challenges. One of these is H2S and its associated reductive character faults that cannot be minimized by conventional means such as inorganic diammonium phosphate to the must or using inorganic copper sulphate to remediate a problematic wine.
- Recommended for Organic Dry White and Red Wines, Fruit Wines and Cider
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Fermentation temperature limits 64 to 89 ͦF
- Alcohol tolerance 15.0% v/v
- Medium nitrogen requirements
- Yeast does not produce hydrogen sulfide
- Moderate fermentation tempo
- Low production of SO2
- Classically bred, Non-GMO
- For use in wine
Pack Size: 500 g
Other Products You May Be Interested In:
Downloads:Renaissance Yeast - Ossia Product Data Sheet
Renaissance Yeast - Ossia SDS